Sunday, December 25, 2011

All I Want for Christmas...

My Christmas list for Philadelphia sports.

The Philadelphia Union:
The Union need a striker besides Le Toux to step up. I don't care who it is. Mwanga, Martinez, or maybe Torres can step up and score some goals. The Union had a staunch defense last season, allowing the second fewest goals in the MLS. Only the Cup winning Galaxy allowed fewer goals. And the Union could score. When Le Toux could score. And despite the fact that he proved he was not a one hit wonder with his production this season, the Union need another threat to score if they want to improve on last year's finishing spot.

The Philadelphia Flyers
The Flyers need to stop getting injured. I think the team as constructed is an offensive juggernaut, with the speed needed to go deep in the playoffs, the brawn to push back when they get shoved, and the youth to not worry about where they'll finish. But they need some luck on the injury front. Giroux is back, which is key for this team, but injuries have been the Achilles heel for this team all season, and they can't afford many more injuries.

High School Sports
The list of sports and teams is too long to make a wish for every team, so I'll wish for this. I hope the winter sports can live up to the excitement and success Philadelphia area fall sports had. Philadelphia loves a champ, and we had quite a few in the fall. I would love to see some more in the winter too!

College Basketball
Nothing is more fun than exciting Big 5 games. And with a resurgent St. Joe's, a potent Temple Owls, and a resilient LaSalle squad, Big 5 basketball couldn't ask for more. And neither can I.

So Merry Christmas to all my readers! And i hope you all got what you want for Christmas, and I hope Philly sports do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment